Fluffy egg omelette recipeIngredients:for 2 servings5 large egg whites
3 large egg yolks
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, halved
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
fresh chive, chopped, for garnishDirections:
- Separate the egg whites and the egg yolks in two separate bowls. You’ll only need 3 yolks, so discard the other 2 or reserve for another use.
- Whisk the egg yolks until they become homogenous and pale in color. Set aside.
- Transfer the egg whites to a large bowl and whisk until they triple in size and become white with medium peaks.
- Carefully fold the egg yolks into the egg whites until fully incorporated.
- Pour the egg mixture into a medium nonstick frying pan with a lid. Cook over medium-low heat until bottom of omelet has set, about 5 minutes.
- Lift up each side of the omelette and drop a tablespoon of butter underneath.
- Cover the pan and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the top of the omelet has set.
- Remove the lid and season the omelet with salt and pepper. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Fold the omelette onto a plate and sprinkle with chives.