Crispy Orange Beef Recipe: A Delicious Twist on a Classic Dish
If you're a fan of Chinese cuisine and enjoy the combination of sweet and savory flavors, then this Crispy Orange Beef recipe is a must-try. It's a delightful twist on the classic orange beef dish, featuring tender strips of beef coated in a crispy batter and tossed in a tangy and citrusy orange sauce.
- 1 pound of flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of orange juice
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Sesame seeds and sliced green onions for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, orange juice, rice vinegar, honey, minced garlic, orange zest, and red pepper flakes (if using). Stir well to combine.
- Add the sliced flank steak to the bowl and toss until each piece is coated in the marinade. Let it marinate for at least 15 minutes, or refrigerate for up to 1 hour for more flavor.
- In a deep skillet or wok, heat enough vegetable oil for frying over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches, carefully add the marinated beef slices to the hot oil and fry until they are golden brown and crispy. Remove them from the oil using a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
- In a separate saucepan, heat the remaining marinade over medium heat until it thickens into a sticky sauce consistency.
- Add the crispy beef to the saucepan and toss until each piece is coated in the sauce.
- Remove from heat and garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
- Serve the crispy orange beef hot with steamed rice or noodles.
This Crispy Orange Beef recipe is perfect for those who crave a combination of textures and flavors in their meals. The crispy and golden exterior of the beef pairs beautifully with the tangy and citrusy orange sauce, creating a delightful balance that is sure to tantalize your taste buds.Feel free to customize this recipe by adding your favorite vegetables such as bell peppers or broccoli. You can also adjust the amount of red pepper flakes to suit your spice preference.
So, if you're looking to elevate your Chinese takeout experience or simply want to try something new and delicious, give this Crispy Orange Beef recipe a try. It's a flavorful and satisfying dish that will impress your family and friends!