Gnocchi with Browned Butter and Sage: A Comforting Delight
If you're in the mood for a simple yet incredibly flavorful dish, look no further than Gnocchi with Browned Butter and Sage. This classic Italian recipe combines pillowy soft gnocchi with nutty browned butter and fragrant sage, creating a comforting and satisfying meal.
- 1 pound of gnocchi
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- A handful of fresh sage leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the gnocchi according to the package instructions until they float to the surface. This usually takes just a few minutes.
- In the meantime, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and let it melt.
- Once the butter has melted, add the sage leaves to the skillet. Cook until the butter starts to turn golden brown and the sage leaves become crispy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cooked gnocchi from the pot to the skillet with the browned butter and sage. Toss gently to coat the gnocchi evenly.
- Continue cooking the gnocchi in the skillet for another 2-3 minutes, allowing them to get lightly golden and crispy.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the Gnocchi with Browned Butter and Sage hot, garnished with grated Parmesan cheese.
Gnocchi with Browned Butter and Sage is a dish that celebrates the simplicity of Italian cuisine. The tender gnocchi, when combined with the nutty richness of the browned butter and the earthy aroma of sage, creates a harmony of flavors that will transport you to the heart of Italy.This recipe is versatile and allows for personalization. You can add additional ingredients like toasted pine nuts, sautéed mushrooms, or roasted butternut squash for added texture and depth. The possibilities are endless!
So, embrace the comfort of Gnocchi with Browned Butter and Sage and indulge in a dish that is both elegant and satisfying. It's a culinary experience that will have you coming back for seconds.